The church of Christ in Pleasanton
began meeting in 1910 with less than 20 members. The first assemblies were held under the old Oak Trees
on the courthouse lawn. Visiting preachers and summer Gospel Meetings helped the church to grow, with services held where
space was available - including the homes of members such as Texana Brite. Land was donated at the present site in 1924 by
Mrs. M.E. Morris for the construction of the first building. More land was bought during the 1940's,
50's, 60's and 1999. The present auditorium building was constructed in 1965. The
office annex was renovated in 1986 and a new classroom wing was built in 1987. In 2008 the Children's Biblical Studies
Center was built for grades cradle roll through 4th. This new wing adjoins the auditorium. In the summer of 2015 construction
began on the new Fellowship Hall which was completed in January 2016.
From the small number of Christians who began meeting under Oak trees,
the Pleasanton congregation has grown to approximately 250+ members. The present work is conducted under
the leadership of seven elders, with the work program headed by eight deacons.
In October of 2010 we gathered to celebrate
and dedicate a Historical Marker for the Pleasanton Church of Christ, designating one hundred years of saving souls in the
Pleasanton area, contributing much to the history of Pleasanton and the State of Texas.
Missionary efforts are supported here in
the States, in India, New Zealand, Cambodia, Haiti, Nicaragua (Mision Para Cristo), and Romania (EEM). Other outreach efforts
include Sunny Glen Children's Home, Central Texas Children's Home, and Medina/Boles Children's Home (Arms of Hope), Mt.
States Children's Home, John Clayton, Glynn Langston, Mark Forster, Jail Ministry, World Bible
School, and more.