The Church of Christ in Pleasanton began meeting in
1910 with less than 20 members. The first assemblies were held under the old Oak Trees on the courthouse lawn. Visiting preachers
and summer Gospel Meetings helped the church to grow, with services held where space was available - including the homes of
members such as Texana Brite. Land was donated at the present site in 1924 by Mrs. M.E. Morris for the construction of the first building.
More land was bought during the 1940's, 50's, 60's and 1999. The present auditorium building was constructed
in 1965. The office annex was renovated in 1986 and a new classroom wing was built in 1987. In 2008 the Children's
Biblical Studies Center was built for grades cradle roll through 4th. This new wing adjoins the auditorium. From the small number of Christians
who began meeting under Oak trees, the Pleasanton congregation has grown to approximately 300 members. The present work
is conducted under the leadership of seven elders, with the work program headed by six deacons.
Missionary efforts are supported here in the States, in India,
New Zealand, and Romania. Other outreach efforts include Sunny Glen Children's Home, Central Texas Children's
Home, and Medina/Boles Children's Home (Arms of Hope), John Clayton, Glynn Langston, Mark Forster, Jail Ministry, World
Bible School, and more.